The TD Bank building at 1611 128th Street in Surrey has been nominated for the 6th Annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards, set for Thursday, November 17 at the Cascades Casino in Langley.
This prestigious event celebrates the best of commercial and industrial construction in the Fraser Valley, from South Delta to Chilliwack.
The categories for this year’s event include Community Institutional (church/schools/government facilities), Retail/Shopping Centres, Office, Community Recreational, Senior’s Housing, Civil (Raods/bridges/infrastructure), Industrial, Multi-Family, Hospitality (Hotels/Motels), Recreational-Resort, Commercial Renovation/Restoration, Green and Wood Construction.
This event is sponsored by the RE/MAX Commercial and is coordinated by Invest Northwest Publishing Ltd.
The 6th Annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards extends an invitation to you to enter a nomination for this prestigious event, which will be held November 17 at the Cascades Casino Resort in Langley. We recognize the winning efforts of the Fraser Valley’s new institutional, commercial, industrial building, multi/single family, recreational or renovation projects located from North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission and Chilliwack.
New institutional, commercial, industrial building, multi/single family, recreational or renovation projects located within these regions and completed between January 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016 are eligible for a Commercial Building Awards. If you have a project that falls within the above noted criteria, please complete the attached form.
Judging – Each submission will be judged on the categories noted below and located within the Fraser Valley region.
- Institutional, commercial, industrial building, multi/single family, recreational or renovation projects completed between January 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016.
- Does it complement the surrounding properties and area?
- Is it esthetically pleasing?
- Are there unique architectural features?
- What is the level of finish (choice in construction materials)?
- Does it answer a specific development need within the community?
- Does it contribute to a healthy, sustainable community?
- Does it have any environmentally friendly or green elements for possible consideration?
Judging Categories – There are 12 categories of Awards.
A panel of independent judges, selected at large, will review each nomination, look at the overall exterior design of the project, and determine how each fit into the surrounding area. Then the judges will decide the winners.
- Mixed use (commercial/residential)
- Community Institutional includes Church/ Schools/Government Facilities
- Retail/Shopping Centres
- Community Recreational
- Senior’s Housing
- Multi Family / Single Family
- Commercial renovation/Restoration
Note: Categories may be adjusted based on nomination response.
In 60 words or less state on the attached submission form why your project deserves recognition.
If there are special exterior features of your project that you want to bring to the judges’ attention, please list these on the submission form.
Photography Submission Criteria
Please submit one of the following:
Email six digital images
If a renovation, two extra “before” images may be included for a total of eight images. Images must be clearly named and numbered “before” and “after”.
Digital Image Criteria
- Images can be horizontal or vertical
- Digital images must be submitted as a .jpeg file, 1024 pixels on the long side, at 72 pixels per inch resolution in RGB Color
- Save the .jpeg file at its highest quality setting (for Windows 10, Mac 12)
- Final file size for each image should be less than 5 MB
- Please name all pictures with project name
- Please indicate whether the photo is a “before” or “after”
- Photos will be displayed to judges in sequence order (order accordingly)
- All images must be anonymous. Do not include people in your images
When available, please feel free to submit Project Brochures
Winners of the 2016 Commercial Building Awards will be announced at a Gala Dinner November 17, 2016 at the Cascades Casino Resort in Langley.
Please fill out the attached Submission Form.
All completed entries must be received no later than October 20, 2016.